Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My first proposal for PantheaCon 2013

I've submitted the following to PantheaCon for next year's program. If you have anything you'd like to see me present on, please do let me know! I try to give folks what they'd like to see.

Irish Healing Deities: Beyond Brigid

Ask about Irish healing deities and the first name mentioned is likely to be Brigid, yet there are many others in the pantheon. From Dian Cécht and his family to the invocation of Goibhniu in healing charms to healing water in the hands of Fionn Mac Cumhaill, explore some of these other deities and their stories. Holy wells, healing herbs, and magical metal limbs are only a few of the themes we'll explore.


If this gets picked up for the con, I'll be talking about the Airmed ritual that we did on our pilgrimage to Ireland earlier this year at Heapstown Cairn, as well as a wide variety of other information about and approaches to Irish healing deities.

No comments:

Post a Comment