Saturday, November 26, 2011

Accepted for Mandragora!

I got notice today from Ruby Sara, an editor at Scarlet Imprint, that an essay and two of my poems have been accepted for the new anthology on esoteric poesis, Mandragora. This is a sequel to the beautiful anthology Datura, now out in paperback.

My essay, "Burying the Poet: Brigid, Poetry, and the Visionary in Gaelic Poetic Traditions," deals with incubatory and initiatory themes in filidecht and other related European poetic traditions. I was very excited to work on a project of that nature and I hope that the material presented in the essay will be inspiring to people following the path of filidecht. Due to the nature of the publication, I didn't use footnotes, but the material is findable and I intend to use a good bit of it as I work on a book on filidecht over time.

Two of my poems, "Lost Text" and "On the Origin of Dreams" were also accepted, much to my delight.

The books from Scarlet Imprint are always beautiful visually and they are physically sensual. The silk-bound hardcover of Datura has to be held to be believed. The contents are equally beautiful, thoughtful, and inspiring.

I'm very pleased to be included in this new anthology. No publication date has yet been announced, but I am guessing we'll be seeing it by late 2012.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations ... my occult poetry has been accepted for publication in "Mandragora" as well, and I am looking forward to reading your included poem and essay. There is definitely a need for this genre, and I'm glad that Scarlet Imprint is here for us. ~Voxx~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic, and congratulations to you as well! I'm very much looking forward to seeing the new anthology. You're quite right that the community needs this sort of material, and I found the essays in Datura to be really interesting as well as its having some wonderful poetry.

    ReplyDelete