Thursday, October 27, 2011

Disability and Religious Diversity now available!

I just received my contributor's copy of Disability and Religious Diversity in the mail from the publisher! I hadn't been expecting to see it until next week, at least, but here it is.



You can get it from Palgrave Macmillan if you are interested. My paper in this book is titled "Since Feathers Have Grown on My Body: Madness, Art and Healing in Celtic Reconstructionist Spirituality" and addresses the similarities I see in the narratives of the geilta in Gaelic and other Celtic mythologies and the symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I'll actually be speaking at a class at University of Washington, Bothell on November 1st about this topic. The class is Medicine, Illness, and Culture, taught by an acquaintance of mine. She was fascinated by the paper when I described it to her, and so I provided her with a text copy before the book came out so that she could include it as part of the class reading material for this quarter.

Today I also got notice that contributors to Datura will be receiving a free contributor's copy of the paperback edition, which is very exciting to me, needless to say. If you were interested in the beautiful hardbound edition but could not afford a copy, this is your chance to get some excellent poetry and essays on "esoteric poesis" from Scarlet Imprint. I was delighted to be included in this wonderful anthology and I'm sure that you'll enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment